Sunday, September 16, 2012

Prologue


Did I really just graduate? It feels like yesterday…

College

The walk across the black stage on June 8, 2012 was surreal, in every way. I felt the emotion from the speakers’ voices, the reality of graduation, and the roar from the crowd because we had finally made it. I still find it hard to fathom that 12 years of my life is gone and the people with it. I can still remember thinking it all was a dream. I couldn’t wrap my head around the thought that I will no longer see these people on a daily basis, yeah we might run into each other one day, but the high school life is forever gone. After walking off stage, it was if I was given a blank slate. My first chapter of my life was complete, and it was time to write a new one.

By growing up in the South, I was always surrounded by the Christian faith and I’ll be the first to tell you that God is real. He is living and alive in each of our lives. I believe that when a person reaches big moments in their life such as graduation, he is revealed. However, the small moments are the ones that really count. The times when I spent studying late at night, or the times when my basketball shot needed a little extra work, he was there. Millions of students graduate each year from college and high school, and they each begin a new chapter of their life. When I walked across stage that Friday night, I knew my life would never be the same again. However, I know that God has a plan for my life, and this is just the beginning.

I decided to write this book, to reach out to high school seniors and college freshman. When I started college the only advice I received was that from my parents and friends. I was very fortunate to have a loving family, but wish I had been given more advice. I plan to give my readers advice on the transition to college and how to become a very successful college student. I am writing this book as I live the college life, and yes I am anxious and scared all at the same time, as I imagine you are. So please be patient with me as I live out my college experience. I worry about what my life will be like when I graduate and how I will deal with the temptations of college. But, I have a tremendous amount of faith and believe anything is possible. I will be attending University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill in the fall, Go Heels! I think this is the part where I have to buckle up because this is going to be one heck of a ride.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment